March 19th, 2018
POSITION: Class I or II Flight Instructor REPORTS TO: Chief flight instructor
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent Full Time LOCATION: Based in Pitt Meadows, BC; Red Deer, Alberta
Cessna 152, Cessna 172S, PA34-200T
Montair is one of the fastest growing flight training schools in the country. It is a fast paced environment, with constantly changing objectives. We are continuing to expand our training program both in terms of student capacity and the acquisition of additional training assets including turbine aircraft in 2017.
Currently looking to hire a full time Class I or II Flight Instructor for our Main Base of operation at the Pitt Meadows Airport, to act as a Check Instructor on our Integrated ATPL program as per CAR 426.22.3 for both single and multi-engine flight training. As a check instructor you will ensure the overall standard of flight training meets the company requirements. This will be done by conducting phase tests, flight test qualification rides and supervisory progress check rides.
Responsible for assisting the Chief Flight Instructor with:
- Monitoring the flight training operation to ensure the standard of training meets the company requirements and identifying the need for extra training or changes in operational procedures.
- Developing and implement instructing and piloting techniques which flight instructors will be expected to comply with during flight training operations.
- Conducting progress review flights.
- Conducting phase tests required by the Training Manual.
- Conducting ground school.
- Supervising the standard of practices and recommending amendments to aeroplane operating checklists and standard operating procedures.
- Monitoring staff flight instructor flight test records and address areas of poor student performance.
- Evaluating ground instructors.
- Performing other related responsibilities assigned by the Chief Flight Instructor.
- Valid Class II or I Flight Instructor Rating
- Valid Group I Instrument Rating (preferred)
- 200 hours multi-engine time with experience instructing multi ratings and IFR (preferred)
- Experience in conducting ground school (preferred)
Pay rates for a Class 2 are $42.00 per hour if the instructor completes more than 40 hours of flight time per month. Senior Class 2 instructors and all Class 1 instructors are salaried positions, remuneration will be negotiated individually, dependent on experience.
Montair offers a highly competitive tiered benefits program, based on the instructor’s class, hours flown annually and length of service with the company, which includes:
- Annual Bonus
- Free use of FTD
- Foreflight subscription
- Aviation Medical paid
- Single-engine aircraft rental
- Flight Test costs (renewal and upgrade)
- Medical insurance or MSP family premiums (BC)
If you are a bright, outgoing, energetic individual who meets the above requirements and is looking for a new challenge, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com