March 19th, 2018
POSITION: Multi & IFR Flight Instructor REPORTS TO: Chief Flight Instructor / MFO
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent Full Time LOCATION: Based in Pitt Meadows, BC; Red Deer, Alberta
Montair is one of the fastest growing flight training schools in the country. It is a fast paced environment, with constantly changing objectives. We are continuing to expand our training program both in terms of student capacity and the acquisition of additional training assets including turbine aircraft in 2017.
A highly competitive rate with extended benefits; flight hour bonuses, training and career development opportunities are offered for the successful candidate. This is a salaried position for qualified flight instructors.
Currently looking to hire a full time Multi & IFR Flight Instructor for our main base of operation at the Pitt Meadows Airport,
Responsible for assisting the Chief Flight Instructor with:
• Monitoring flight training operations to ensure the standard of training meets the company requirements and identifying the need for extra training or changes in operational procedures.
• Developing and implement instructing and piloting techniques which flight instructors will be expected to comply with during flight training operations.
• Conducting progress review flights.
• Conducting phase tests required by the Training Manual.
• Conducting ground school.
• Supervising the standardization of practices and recommending amendments to aeroplane operating checklists and standard operating procedures.
• Performing other related responsibilities assigned by the Chief Flight Instructor.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
The instructor must be qualified in accordance with CAR 425.21 and Montair’s requirements, including:
• at least 500 hours flight time as pilot-in-command;
• at least 50 hours flight time in the applicable class of aeroplane;
• within the preceding 12 months, flown at least 10 hours as pilot-in-command on the applicable class of aeroplane;
• meet Montair’s staff training requirements;
• have received an appointment letter from the CFI confirming that all initial training has been completed;
• a valid instrument rating for the group of aircraft to be flown while conducting training;
• at least 3 successful flight test recommendations or an ATPL.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
• Office equipment as necessary
• Montair’s aircraft and flight trainers and associated ground equipment
• Classroom equipment as necessary
• AVGAS fuel, oil, machinery
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
• Duties of Flight Instructor performed in classroom and training airplanes
• Outdoors, on the flight line and ramp
• Lifting at least 50 pounds or more
• Bending, stooping, climbing
• May include working on back and/or confined spaces
• Exposure to a wide variety of environmental conditions including heat, cold, wind, and precipitation
• Congested/active ramp environment with multiple aircraft
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com.
No Phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.