Do I have to apply for a study permit or visa?
• You will be required to obtain a study visa from your local Canadian Consulate if the projected duration of your training is more than 6 months.
• You do not need to acquire a study permit if your training will be less than 6 months. However, in such cases, depending on your country of origin, you may require a visitor visa.
What is the process to obtain a study visa?
1. Contact us with your request here.
2. Once the initial application is reviewed and approved, you will need to provide us with a $350.00 application fee and a copy of your passport and any current pilot licences or ratings held. This will allow us to courier you a letter of acceptance (LOA).
3. Use the LOA to apply for a study permit at the nearest Canadian Consulate (more information can be found here).
4. Advise us when the application is approved so that we can arrange the start of your flight training in Canada! It is advisable to allow approximately 8-12 weeks for this process to be completed.
More information on the entire process can be found on the Immigration Canada website.